Wednesday, August 9, 2017

12x12" scrapbook layout #1

Hi peeps!

Welcome back, I have a 12x12" scrapbook layout for you today!

You can watch the video here on my YouTube channel PotsieFighter or you can simply watch it here on my blog.






I wanted to scrap this picture of these amazing waffles a friend and I had and I decided to go with a patterned paper as a background which I don't usually do. So I went through my stash and I found this orange circle paper and decided to use it. I used some gesso on it to white-wash it a bit and then splattered some of a mist I made myself using Daler Rowney Metallic Yellow acrylic paint.

I went through the same paper pad the background paper is from which is the Happy Styling paper pad from Craft Sensations and picked a few yellow and orange papers to mat my picture on. I also used yellow and orange tissue paper to give it a bit of texture.


I used a tag, trimmed it down so it doesn't look like a tag anymore and matted it on the same patterned paper I used for the picture as well. Then I went through my ephemera bowl and grabbed a few pieces from an Amy Tangerine pack, basically I grabbed anything with orange or yellow on it.


I used a few stickers from my stash and I used the 'negative' from a sun die I recently die cut that was still on my desk and since it was yellow I thought it went well with the layout. I backed it with orange patterned paper from my scrapbox and put it on my layout as well and I really like how it looks.


I also grabbed two tiny pins in orange and yellow and put them on the tag. As a finishing touch I wanted to a bit of journaling so I grabbed my shaded yellow and orange ink pad and used a stamp from the Sweet Stamp Shop Plan With Me stamp set and stamped journaling lines and then used a orange gel pen for my actual journaling. I really like how bright and colorful this layout turned out!

I hope you enjoyed my layout and the bright colors I used!


Here are all the picture links for the supplies I used:

glue bottle:

Tacky Glue:


Daler Rowney Metallic Yellow:


heat gun:


spray bottle:
  

gesso:


orange tissue paper:


yellow tissue paper:


clothespins yellow:


gel pens:


ink pad:



I hope you enjoyed the video, have an amazing day!
Stay tuned!

xo Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment